Saturday, April 10, 2010


I never thought I would ever even meet people from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, let alone get to know them on a day-to-day basis through my job teaching. These are some of the students I work with who are from the KSA. I have to admit that because I knew before the KSA is a very conservative country that I had my stereotypes about how I thought these guys would be, and some of my assumptions were not positive. However, they prove once again that the people of a country are quite different from the country's government policy and government leaders. These students have, perhaps unwittingly, broken down all the stereotypes I once had about the KSA and people from there. I think very highly of them and it is truly a pleasure to spend time with them. I have the best job in the world, which allows me to meet and learn from students around my same age but from very different cultures.