Monday, April 26, 2010

Why Move Back to Japan?

This is the question I've been trying to answer, for myself, for the last couple of weeks since I got offered a job in Osaka. Here's what I've reasoned with myself:



  • professionally, I'll get solid full-time experience teaching Business English, including opportunities to create materials and incorporate what I've learned during the last year in my masters in TESOL program
  • personally, I'll be able to meet with old friends living in Japan
  • make lots of new friends and get involved in a new international community in Osaka
  • there's soccer, salsa, samba and capoeira in Osaka, and obviously I will also be able to explore Japanese arts and culture more too
  • I love Japanese festivals
  • great food, and hopefully I can learn more about Japanese cuisine and how to actually cook it
  • as a "tourist," I can explore Japan more 
  • I want my family and friends to come visit so I can show them around 
  • I can learn more Japanese
  • I want to ski, surf, hike and bike in Japan
  • I can photograph, record and write more about living in Japan
  • I'll learn more from a different way of life than continuing my current routine


So, I said Yes to Japan.... I'm moving back in 2 months!