Thursday, October 20, 2005

About Footwear

Students' shoes and slippers after school hours. All students must wear these plastic slippers while they are inside the school. They vary in color depending on the student's year: first year students wear red plastic slippers, second year - green, third year - blue. I on the other hand had to purchase my own choice of indoor footwear. I had a very hard time understanding what appropriate indoor footwear was, as opposed to outdoor footwear. Basically I have come to the conclusion that indoor footwear must contain the following components: (1) easy to slip on and off at a seconds notice (reasons: having to tie your shoes will make me that much later in the morning, making other people wait for me while I fumble with my shoes is unpleasant, one must to change his shoes every time one goes to the bathroom, and finally undoing shoes at the end of the day puts that much more time on my 3 minute commute home.) (2) blatently plain, definitely unfashionable, verging on ugly (3) comfortable (4) must be able to accomodate socks no matter how hot it gets.