Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Nothing Lasts Forever

I packed my bag for tutoring English tonight with extra clothing so I could slip down the street to capoeira lessons afterward. I hadn't gone in 2 weeks, but thats okay to go lesson by lesson. So after a good study session, I was looking forward to rejoining the capoeria group I had been part of for 2 months. But, like the nature of ghosts or immigrants ourselves, unseen by most, the capoeria school was dark and empty. In fact, through the huge windows I could see that everything inside had been moved out. No one ever bothered to tell me there would be no more class, or perhaps that it moved. The instructor and the other students are impossible to track down, hidden inside factories by day one week and night the next week. It was like the school was never there, except for a few memories of class this fall. It goes to show, appreciate what you have today because the things you assume will always be there, tomorrow, may be gone.

I hear they will make the old school into a bingo hall and bar.