Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Saying Yes to Japan

Saying Yes to Japan is a new book by Carl Kay and Tim Clark. It was reviewed in this month's edition of Japanzine Japan's National English Language magazine. The review says the book is different. I started reading it a couple days ago and I have to agree. It looks at Japan's most serious problems, inefficiencies in the service economy, and proposes practical solutions with real-life anecdotes of people trying to change the system through their own business proposals and innovations. I guess it has to do with what I was saying about identifying problems, and knowing where and how you can change them. The authors are right, there is a lot of room for change in the service sector of Japan's economy. Furthermore, I think there's a lot of room for change in Japan's education sector. Before I get into that, I will recommend this book for anyone interested in Japan and economics.