Saturday, June 21, 2008

La Continental Restaurant Review #1

"La Continental" Location: Defensa & Chile in San Telmo  
I don't care what other people may say, I LOVE La Continental's pizza!
This place is a chain with several locations throughout BA.  I just had the best slice of pizza (price 3.25 pesos = $1.05)  It was simply cheese with fresh tomato, but everything was perfect.  The crust was light, with the perfect balance of aerated doughy center and crust, sans pizza sauce (the toppings always slide off of pizza sauce, so I'm a no-sauce convert), the mozzarella cheese was absolutely delicious as it melted right into the crust, the tomato slices were fresh with basil sprinkled on them and to top it all off, a green olive on top.  YUM!  I also ordered 2 empanadas - ham & cheese and onion & cheese (price 2.20 pesos each, about $0.75).  I was less impressed with the empanadas. The cheese in them was too gooey and creamy and there were too many onions for my liking, but you live and learn.  I will definitely return for the pizza!  Next I want to try the slice I saw with anchovies...!  The place had about 50 seats and they were packed @ 10pm.