Friday, June 20, 2008

You Can't Beat the Street

I searched for a plug to be able to plug in my computer and other stuff for what seemed like forever today (granted it probably felt like a long time because I would rather stay in - I am sick).  The first store I went to was a really old school hardware store - they didn't have it.  Then I went to an internet place - just an internet cafe.  Then I went to an electric store - they had a gigantic 10 plug adapter for 80 pesos (30 bucks).  Thank goodness I asked if he had smaller ones, because he didn't but he told me they can be bought in the street.  How nice!  Who would have known?!  In the States we really suffer for lack of illegal street vendors.  Of course this is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but it has its advantages for the consumer, albeit caveat emptor.  I found a perfect 3-plug adaptor (computer, camera & cell phone, woo hoo!) for 14 pesos.  As you can tell, since I am back writing, it works!